Monday, March 12

Warm Pizza Dip and the multi-national-pot-luck-dinner




Hello everyone I hope your weekend has left you well rested and ready to tackle another week.  These weekends for me go waaaay too fast. Way too fast!

I spent Saturday morning at the hairdresser with the laptop on my lap, then seeing my Nan and then we went to catch the Gymboree sale at Parramatta - not a very short trip but we did get some very cute items, I promised my Mum I would take some photos of their fashion parade, so I may share those with you too.  My frills are growing up SO fast.

Sunday I spent some time cooking - at present Pinterest is a major source of cooking inspiration to me and when I saw this pizza dip on there I knew then and there I would be making it and soon.  In fact I made it only hours later.   It's a great simple recipe that hasn't done the rounds as much as spinach/french onion cob loaf or seven layer dip.  This is incredibly simple and dangerously addictive.

Great to have a with a few wines or take to a gathering - which is what I did - our office is always a flurry with colleagues visiting/staying here in Sydney from all corners of the world we all got together for 'multinational pot luck' night.  It was really fun and delicious, and I'm sure we'll do it again.

Chicken Masala, Beef Rendang, Malaysian Omelette, a tofu dish (I can't remember I don't eat tofu!), crispy duck, Chinese BBQ pork, rice.. salads.. amazing!

But OK, let's get back to the dip!  
Adapted from Closet Cooking

Ingredients:
250g Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 jar pizza sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, extra
1/4 cup tasty cheese
1/8 cup finely grated parmesan
pepperoni
olives, optional

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c
Mix together philadelphia cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream,1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.  Spread over the base of a quiche or pie tin.



When it's even, then spread over a pasta sauce - I used woolworth



Then top with remaining mozzarella and tasty cheese, place the pepperoni and olives on top and grate over the remaining parmesan cheese.

Bake for about 20 minutes, until bubbly on top.  Serve with pita bread or as I did white corn chips

Look at my friends hoe into it, gone in seconds!

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

T'lia on March 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh wow, I have to try this now Liss!!

Suzie on February 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Have made this dip several times now and it is a total hit! Love it!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015