Tuesday, December 14

Nothing like a last minute party...



Well it seems I should practice what I preach.  After being so organised with Christmas it seems that I have neglected a far more important event.  Laura and Olivia's 5th birthday party.

Next week my little girls will turn the big 5 and we always planned to just have a few friends around but with this dreadful unpredictable rain that never seems to hop off the forecast we had to look for an alternative, and quick.

And the girls decided for us.....


Hungry Jacks.  Yes you read that right.  Hungry Jacks.  It's closeby - it has indoor options (our house isn't an indoor option with the Christmas tree in the house - it takes up so much of the floorspace)  and it's not going to break the bank.  Most importantly our girls actually requested it so it seems it's meant to be - and to a fatalist like me - I'm ok with that.

But I really have to get my you-know-what in one pile.  I mean I wrote the ultimate birthday party guide and here I am, five days before my girls party and I'm sending out invites.   I know better.  But also know I don't need to commit myself to anything else and need to focus on spending time with family - not spending time cooking (have you noticed there's not much of that around here at the moment...?)

So two birthday cakes are on the agenda this week and also some extra party treats.  I'll 'frill up' the HJ's birthday party -  it'll be good.

So there you go - I'm human - some times I'm not as organised as you think - but I can pull a rabbit out of the hat at times - ike the rest of us!  Wish me luck!!


[top image]
Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Christie on December 14, 2010 at 7:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Haha, Good luck!
You'll always be wearing your halo to me xx

Diminishing Lucy on December 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Bless. We did HJ's for my Olivia's 5th - I cringed at the time, but she and all her little mates had an utter ball....

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on December 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hehe why not make it easier on yourself! It's such a hectic time and if the girls want it then I would be so relieved! I must admit I really remember my McDonalds birthday party very fondly from when I was little. I think it was the ice cream cake and I wondered how they could make a cake out of something that wouldn't melt straight away! :P

Sophie on December 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Good Luck with it al!!! My little girl want her 4th birthday at "Old Macdonalds"! Would love to hear how it all goes at HJ's. What a great mum you are to make 2 birthday cakes too! I know of a few with twins who only make 1 shared cake:(

Corrie on December 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

so glad you are keeping it real! I'd always said that I'd do the home party but next year when all of keira's class gets invited to her party which happens at her school.........we're going to that play centre you had on your blog up in warriewood or the fairy store in mosmam. I just can't do that many kids:)

have fun, its a crazy crazy time of year!
corrie:)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015