Friday, December 3

Entertaining? Try these easy salmon, dill and cream cheese blinis!



I was looking out at the backgarden yesterday in the 2.5 minutes it wasn't raining (OK I'm exaggerating but not by much) and I was thinking about this long wet weather we're about to have.  I hope I get to enjoy at least some of the summer outdoors and having impromptu barbeques, celebrating Christmas outside and or course our Australia Day.

Don't rain on my parade rain.  Just.don't.

These are a great little ditty you can make in advance  -well some of it - make the blini part (which are basically savoury pikelets) and freeze em, pick up the other bits on the fly and you've got great canapes right there.

Ingredients: (Makes 30)

Blinis 
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2  eggs
2 tb fresh chives, finely chopped

Spread
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 tb sour cream
1 tsp finely diced dill
1/2 tsp caster sugar

Topped with 400g finely sliced smoked salmon

Method
Mix all blini ingredients together until smooth.

Drop them a tablespoon or two (depending how big you like them) onto a lightly buttered and hot frypan and cook until browned on both sides (about 1 minute first side, 30 seconds second side)



Mix your spread, and spread over blini's when cool.

Lay salmon over the top and sprinkle with chopped fresh dill!
Delicious right?

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Megs on December 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Anything involving smoked salmon is a winner in my book. Especially so when it's something so quick, easy and impressive. Will definitely be getting a work out I think!

Corrie on December 3, 2010 at 10:52 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

these were so delicious! oh yum 2 plates went during lunch and I'm doing them this boxing day as we are hosting it here!

corrie:)

greenfumb on December 3, 2010 at 2:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ah my favourite, my friends are probably sick to death of me taking them for a "plate".

So easy and yet so good.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015