Wednesday, December 22

Funny and thought provoking




Found this on the interwebs this morning and it got me thinking...  how do you balance national economy with frugality and keeping the kids happy?

I think I've spent about $100 on each child this year including stockings which I think is pretty good - I took advantage of toy sales and layby and chose pretty carefully.   How about you?  Has Christmas had some budget blowouts?  Have you handmade anything?

[image]
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Amie on December 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

my kids got one special gift each and then i had a christmas layby with a few smaller extras.
everyone else got homemade gifts.

Sophie on December 22, 2010 at 2:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We did the big thing this year and puchased a shared trampoline for the two girls. They then got about $50 stockings each. I applaud you for sticking to your budget! I often find stuff in the cupboards that I got months back alnd forgot about!!!

Corrie on December 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh you're good! oops I spent about $300 on each except bubba but half of it was toys picked up in the sales and there is a new outfit and new pj's in there too (practical). I don't go overboard with other presents in the family and picked good presents that will keep them entertained too. retro daddy does ask me to not go crazy as he pays for it all and I've been good this week:)

oh and nothing handmad but that's only because I have elodie here!
corrie:)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015