Thursday, December 23

Festive Drinkies: A new twist on the Martini


Back in the day BC (before children) I used to fancy myself a bit of a punch-guzzler.  Hubby used to make an amazing punch which I made him virgin-ise (i.e. adapt without alcohol) when I spent our first married christmas together - pregnant.

But I haven't ventured over to the Punchbowl (boom-tish) since then.

Martini sent me over their new summer cocktail bottles 'The Ultimate Summer Drink' and I thought: 'Yes, I'm doing punch this year, definitely!'  I've decided in the aftermath of Christmas I'll be doing it as we are having a low-key Christmas - I'll invite my local ladies and gentlemen, we'll let the kids go wild on all the new Christmas outdoor things (new swings, slip and slide and wading pool) and we'll get stuck in.

So I started to experiment this week - you know, because I don't want to give my guests something heinous and of course I want to share with you !  (I really needed those drinks too after the month I've had too - ahem!)

So here we go:
Martini Rosato:  It's a crisp, dry rosato and at 15% alcohol content - it packs a punch! Whoah Mamma.
Hubby likes it just over ice, and they recommend you pair it with the Martini Prosecco (even more dry) over ice with raspberries... it was a bit too dry for me...

So I got cracking - I've tried a few different combinations and I have to say my favourite so far is the Rosato with apple, pomegranate and cranberry juice and mint - delicious! (and looks very festive too) I mix 1 part Martini Rosato to six parts juice... and sprinkle some mint in... or what I like to do is freeze mint in the icecube! Cute right?




Do you punch?  What's your Christmas tipple?
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Katie said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks super festive with the mint and cranberry! Will give this a go! xxx Katie

Corrie on December 23, 2010 at 2:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yum! that is one your funniest post! had me laughing out loud!

corrie:)

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus on December 23, 2010 at 4:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Bahahaha!! PUNCHBOWL!!!!
Love it :)

Anyway! I love the whole punch thing at Christmas time. Anytime really... Our only problem - none of my immediate family possess a punch bowl (and those cute little cups that go along with it...) so we were going to pass this year and look for a suitable vessel in the the post Christmas sales...

Now we don't need to bother!

Thanks for the ideas and I love all the photos too! xo

Mammamusing on December 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oooooh la la the words martini and cocktails caught my eye!

I don't own a punchbowl but I will be making a little punch for my prego SIL which is so yummy I may even add a little to my champagne for extra staying power :)

tropical juice mixed with equal parts ginger ale and lemonade. Mixed with lots of ice and chopped strawberries and apple.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015