Thursday, December 9

Let's get festive with a some crunchy macadamia rocky road!



If you read the newsletter you might know what this is inspired by  - to tell you the honest truth I've been trying to make this for weeks except I've been so busy I always manage to eat one or more of the ingredients before I can make it and then I have to wait until I'm next at the shop, and the cycle begins again.

So it's nothing short of a miracle this made it to the blog at all - but I'm glad it did because I finally got to taste the result and secondly you guys now have the option of making it!  It looks so chrismassy doesn't it?   

I've packed some up to give to our new neighbours who are due to move in on the weekend and sent some with hubby to work to try and resist the temptation - give it a try and tell me what you think!


Ingredients:  Makes 24 pieces
1 packet Paradise Macadamia cookies, broken into quarters
20 white marshmallows, cut in half
1 cup red/green snakes, chopped (or red and green frogs if you like!)
1/3 cup macadamias
500g white chocolate, melted

Method:
In a bowl combine cookies, marshmallows, snakes and macadamias



Line a small lamington or slice tin with baking paper, ensuring overhang on each side.

Melt chocolate - I do mine in the microwave by placing chocolate in a microwave proof bowl, heating on medium-low for 1 minute, remove and stir, return to microwave for another minute, remove and stir and so on until melted.

Pour chocolate over the other ingredients, combine well and swiftly and pour into slice tray.  

Using another piece of baking paper, place on top and press down - compacting all the ingredients.  Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.


Remove from refrigerator and remove from slice tray and take off all the paper.  Cut into slices and store in an airtight container for up to a week - but I don't think they'll last !!!



Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Seana Smith on December 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Aaaaahhhh.... run to the shops! This is posted on a good day for me... mostly at home with twins and not much on, thank goodness. This looks spectacular.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Yummy!!

M


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015