Wednesday, December 1

CBFnights: stuffed chicken thighs wrapped in bacon



There are just some nights you can not be bothered.  I call these my CBF nights.  The nights you can't get away with toasted sandwiches or baked beans again this week (hey I have 'em too you know!).

This is pretty easy - I even pick up some jar pesto if I don't have any of my homemade in the freezer and in this case I had a bad case of the CBF's and even bought pre-sliced cheese.  So sue me OK?

The result is pretty darned fancy and delicious - they'll never guess you had the CBF's and you'll feel quite chuffed with your efforts... well I do anyway!

Ingredients:
6 double chicken thighs
Pesto (approx 1/4 cup)
tasty cheese (approx 1/4 cup grated or 3 slices pre-sliced - halved.
6 rashers of bacon

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

Open up your chicken thighs and smother some pesto on one side of each.

Place your cheese on top..

Fold over your thighs to close it up.

Wrap each thigh in bacon and place in baking tray

Cook for 30 minutes - if your bacon goes a bit crazy turn down your heat a little.

Serve!

So do you have CBF nights? What do you make when you don't order in?

Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh dear- this is embarrassing but I serve a dish very similar to this when entertaining! I use brie cheese instead and wrap the chicken in proscuitto and tightly fit my chicken pachages into a baking dish with a slurp (or two) of white wine on top. Served with garlic potatos and greens its a dish I absolutley love having!

So one's CBF dinner is anothers gourmet entertaining meal! hehehehe :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi There,

Congratulations on the great blog!

I just wanted to let you know too, we are an Australian independent book publisher and each week on our blog we have a competition to giveaway great picture books for children and YA fiction. Just visit our blog to enter. Maybe you'd like to spread the word!

Your Cheeky Monkey on January 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum, will be trying this one soon!

Josiejo said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

mmm - me too!

Phenomenal Woman on June 11, 2011 at 3:03 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OOOh yum! With 7 children, CBF meals are always good. Will be trying this one this week!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015