Friday, December 10

Blooming marvellous!


Finally, my gardenias are in bloom!  My garden (and house) have that sweet perfume that make me swoon.  I love gardenias and I think anyone who has visited my garden knows this - I have about 12 bushes!

And with all the rain and absolutely no hope of derris dust staying on the tomatoes, it's little wonder the snails have had a good feast on our tomato vines - getting some lovely plump tomatoes though - we do need to pick them before they drop because the weather is too unpredictable to let them ripen on the vine unfortunately.


More strawberries!  Our strawberry plant is paying big dividends this summer!

As is the blueberry bush - what excites me is next year it will be bigger and each year we'll get more - maybe one day my dream of making a blueberry pie without it costing a small fortune may come true.


And here's our grapevine - it's waiting for our new garden bed to be finished after almost carking it over the winter - happy now! (It's an Isabella)

And the oregano, doing it's usual December thing - going crazy.

And the sage is too - this is the best I've seen it.

The coriander has gone to seed, will collect these over the weekend.


And the pretty potato vine, we look over this from the loungeroom, I love it.

And here's a view from the deck - look at the Jacaranda in all its splendour! The gardenias are lined up in front!

So that's the latest update!  Are you getting busy in your garden?
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Zoey Martin on December 10, 2010 at 7:26 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love gardening but I have a bit of a black thumb. My brother very wisely bought me a hardy lime tree which I've managed to keep alive.

Black thumb aside my next project is going to be starting a vege garden in the backyard.

Kim on December 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a great looking garden! Where you find the time to upkeep it I don't know! Where did you get that netting structure? That could help stop the kangaroos munching my strawberry patch down to the soil - no strawberries this year :(

Liss on December 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Kim

Hey Kim

The garden is actually quite low cost and very effective - here's how we made it!
http://www.frillsinthehills.com/2009/10/we-have-opera-house-in-our-garden.html

PinkPatentMaryJanes on December 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh, my gardenia by the front steps is out in flower and I almost make myself pass out I take such a deep breath as I walk past. They're such gorgeous aren't they?


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015