Monday, April 12

Sunny


That's the weekend summed up nicely I think.

It wasn't feeling like autumn at all - but not an intense heat of summer, just lovely and warm.   Saturday we headed off nice and early to check out the Hawkesbury Harvest Farmers' Market at Richmond School of the Arts.  It's a lovely old building and the markets are held there on the second Saturday of each month.

For me, it just didn't rock my boat as far as produce was concerned.  I was hoping to pick myself up some figs or chestnuts.  Not to be. . My farmgate produce guys are there - and just up the road, I gave it a miss at the markets and went there afterwards for more variety of produce that they brought to the markets.


What I did get:
Hibiscus flowers in syrup (for champers my friends, champers!)
Some yummy wasabi mayonnaise
Some olives
Some saltbush lamb
Some moisture infused pork
and an acorn squash

Then it was on to M&A butchery to pick up our bulk meat for the month..  and back to our farmgate produce providers, Riverview produce.   We dropped past Macquarie shopping centre to pick up a few odds and ends at Myer before heading home to unpack our bounty, have dinner and shortly after, fall alseep on the couch.  We're big ragers you know.

Yesterday we took my Nan and our frills to their first NRL match.  Hubby is a Tigers fan, and I'm a Manly fan but we support each others' teams when they're not playing each other.   We got there a bit earlier, had a little bit of nibblies and then some lunch, all very civilised, until the yobbos arrived.  And then there were the seemingly sixteen year olds wearing an inch thick of makeup and seemingly nothing but a jersey.  No wonder the NRL has a bad image to shake off.  I suppose when you have to compete with the gyrating cheerleaders. Ahem.



The game itself was good - more of a shame than a game.  We won 40 to 12.  At least the girls got ample opportunity to swing the flags!
Eloise practicing to wave her flag before the game



The other disappointment is the amount of drinking, abuse and LITTERING.

OK, off my pedestal, off for my nanna-nap.. dreaming about my sunny weekend.  lovely.

How was your weekend?
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

carly on April 12, 2010 at 7:32 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

the boyfriend loves the tigers. so i am a fan be default. i dont mind. :)

there is a lot of drinking, i dont see the need to drink {i get quite loud all on my own hehe}. but i see what you mean children wise. i dislike the cheerleaders immensely.

my weekend - saturday i was at uni all day. then at the boyfriends mums house.

sunday i actually put up in photos :) have a look at http://everyonewantsthis.blogspot.com

xx

lifeinapinkfibro on April 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We love our footy, but go to the Newtown Jets games. No cheerleaders. Minimal yobbos. Great old-fashioned day out. Why does it all have to change once you go up a grade?

Barbara on April 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've never been to a league game but I have been to a union game (All Blacks v Wallabies) and the cricket often. Sadly, I think you will always find the yobbos represented at all of them. I also love polo and it is one of the few sports I will go to. Not so crowded, and you can picnic on the grass. A lot of the snob element at the Auckland grounds, but I found less so at the one Queensland game I went to.

Jade @ Earth to Jade on April 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's such a shame that a great day out is ruined by the "yobs". Its why I don't go to football games in the UK as it's just too much for me to handle.

I certainly hope you don't face rude St George fans like that through the season (I like to think we're all perfect!!)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015