Tuesday, October 25

Lemon Crinkle Cookies


Oh I realise how much you have been having recipe withdrawals... because I'm having cooking withdrawals big time at the moment!

I have set myself a challenge this week.  I am going find myself a new cookbook.  I am going to cook something from this cookbook.  I am going to share this with all of you.  This won't happen until Sunday, when I have a day off, but it will happen!

So this recipe is one I whipped up before I left, and didn't have time to blog.  I know a certain client of mine will be asking his lovely wife to make these the moment he knows that I have posted the recipe because, in his words 'Those biscuits were unbelievably GOOD'.  'Even though when I put it on a piece of paper and it became transparent, I didn't even care'...

Yes, I could be accused of 'buttering up the clients' - literally but these are a great recipe for a day where you don't have time but need a bit of cooking therapy.  Easy and brilliant results - I adapted these from the LDS living website (no, I am not part of the LDS but they do have some great recipes).  If you double the recipe like I did, they will fill up your cookie jar, put some in the freezer for later and some to take to 'butter up' the clients and colleagues too.


Ingredients:
125gr butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tsp lemon zest
1 Tb fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar, extra


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy


Add vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice - then the flour, it should come together to a thick and soft dough.

Roll into balls about the size of a large walnut, then roll in sugar

Place on greased baking tray and flatten down a little and then bake for about 10 minutes until the edges just start to darken.

Cool on baking tray for about 5 minutes then transfer to cooling trays until completely cooled.

Store in airtight container for up to 5 days in the pantry or 2 months in the freezer (zip lock bags are great to put them in lots of 5 for later)

Enjoy!
Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

Kylie G on October 25, 2011 at 8:36 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These look yummy, and I have two barrels of lemons from our newly pruned tree to use!
I'm missed your recipes :)

Veggie Mama on October 25, 2011 at 11:30 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh I've missed you! Hope you're having fun with the typhoons.

Sad to have missed you at Problogger too xo

Jodie on October 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum, yum, yum. I have made a batch this morning. Put lime zest in as I didn't have any lemon zest, only sprinkled with sugar (I was too lazy to roll) and had to cook a bit longer than 10 minutes. These will definitely be going on my list to make again.
PS I have missed your recipes as well.

Diminishing Lucy on October 26, 2011 at 7:01 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

All feels a lot safer in the world when you are posting recipes...I have missed you! xx

Katie on October 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What Lucy said! You would not believe it but I made a recipe just like this a few weeks ago and it did indeed fill the cookie jar...yum, great minds huh? Anyway, hope you are well. xxx

Megs on October 29, 2011 at 1:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Have a batch in the oven right now, if the dough is anything to go by they are going to be yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! Perfect with a cuppa on a sunshiney afternoon!

herb39michiko on November 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

私は昨日レモンを買った! 早速作ってみよう

Megs on November 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These cookies and a batch of cream cheese frosting make the most delicious cookie sandwiches. Incredibly healthy too of course ;)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015