Tuesday, September 27

Messages from Manila part two - typhoons and a bit of WTF!?


OK Manila is getting a bit trippy.  You may or may not have heard depending how connected you are to the news - but there's a Typhoon here at the moment.  Locally known as 'Pedring' but internationally known as 'Nesat'.   All the schools are closed, government offices are closed, and so was mine.  I've worked from the 'comfort' of my hotel.  Intermttent electricity and internet access and all...

I took a video from my hotel window this morning..



At lunchtime I decided to go and see if I could find something to eat that wasn't room service.. and I'm not used to this stuff!

This is a real place to eat - 'Cerealicious' they sell takeaway cereals 'with snow milk'

Check out the menu!


Electricity, escalators and aircon went out and most people just kept on working... it was stifling!  Back to work for me, and a good workout of the thighs hiking up all those escalators... I don't want to even think about how sore my legs will be n the morning...

I did pick up a few gifts including some chocolate for the office of course...

And I don't know who chooses the names for chocolates in this country but I'm sure they've only go one thing on their minds....


I couldn't make up this stuff if I tried....





Print this post in friendly format

11 lovely comments:

Corrie on September 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh dear! nips! that is hilarious! you just stay safe there and keep sending us these funnies.

Corrie:)

Nikki @ Styling You on September 28, 2011 at 7:00 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That's a bit more of an adventure than you bargained for!

Unknown on September 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Stay safe! But I had to laugh at the chocolate names. Nips and Big Bangs. LOL!

Angela on September 30, 2011 at 10:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hello from your newest follower! I just stumbled upon your blog from retromummy. Manila looks crazy! And those chocolate names are funny :) looking forward to following your story.

Maryandlil on September 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh LOL on the names of the choccies!!! haha!! stay safe Liss! Oh DEAR!!! xxx

McAndyVlog on October 3, 2011 at 4:53 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

LOL just great :D:D NIPS for me please xD www.everydaymckiewicz.blogspot.com visit me :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on October 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ack! Stay safe and it definitely looks like more excitement that one had bargained for! :P Very trippy indeed.... ;)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I know you are a super busy but I’m hoping you can make a little time for me!

I am trying to start a new blog/project/initiative over a www.projectbtc.wordpress.com and if you could take a couple minutes to check it out, and maybe participate in this first week, then it could really help jumpstart this thing!

I’ve been a loyal blog reader of yours for quite some time, and I’d love for you to share with my readers how YOU are being the change you want to see in the world.


Thank you so much for you time reading this email, and if you can’t participate, I completely understand!


Blair Lieber

Veggie Mama on October 7, 2011 at 9:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'd be the first person to go to a cereal bar!

pve design on October 13, 2011 at 8:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hope any fears are comforted by those brave chocolates. cloud 9. love that.
be safe,
funny blog....following you now~
fantastic recipes-
pve

Eden Riley on October 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I miss you XOX


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015