Wednesday, December 30

Cookbook haul!


I was so lucky to receive some wonderful cookbooks for Christmas, some on my list, some lovely surprises.  2010 there are going to be A LOT of new recipes hitting my kitchen and my blog so watch out!

Here's my haul!

This one is beautiful to look at and some great bread recipes I'd love to try - Leila is a swede who lives in NYC, interesting influences, achievable recipes!  Perfect for morning and afternoon teas.


Well it had to be done!  If only for the choux pastry recipe!


Very eagerly anticipated - this is SO me, it's got a growing guide to every type of harvest you could think of for your back garden, it's Australian, so no guessing if it will work - beautiful photographs, and yummy recipes.  Much treasured!




I love Luke's recipes and I think he does a brilliant cross-over of restaurant food to home food.  He writes a lot of his influences, his mums' cooking - a surprise gem - I think this one is going to get big via word-of-mouth - and it should.


Auntie Becky (my sister) knows her sister and nieces SO well.  My girls love anything pasta, and this cookbook is a great variation of standard italian cookbook where it not only targets the kids' tastebuds but their involvement in the cooking.  Love it.



This one's more a 'wordy' cookbook than pictorial but it's a good read (so far) with giving an understanding of the care and attention to detail about ingredients and the methods of italian cooking.  Some complex recipes but mostly the K-I-S-S principle.  I'll learn from this one.


Santa knows me so well and I've often seen this (and previous versions) and almost bought it.  Probably the reason that I've hesitated is because of the lack of photos  - I'm a very visual person, but the variety and shear nature of the book (very tried and tested) is a winner.  Got some great jam and preserve recipes in there I'm definitely going to give a whirl!


Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wow, what a haul! I have two of those the Masterchef one (the choux recipe is brilliant) and the Silver Spoon for children. Love the cover of the Stephanie Alexander book!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on December 31, 2009 at 7:13 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Quite the haul there Liss.

I look forward to many new recipes in the new year.

I hope I get to see you soon. xx

PinkPatentMaryJanes on December 31, 2009 at 9:08 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lovely! Looking forward to the recipes - particularly bread as I'm dead keen to mix something up in my new Kitchen Aid {how GOOD was Santa this year!}
What a fabulous batch of books!

Cathie on January 3, 2010 at 8:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

wow Liss, fabulous new books!
I also got the CWA one as a bday pressie & the no photo thing definitely puts me off aswell.
mmm, enjoy cooking daarling.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015