Wednesday, March 31

I need help naming my newest 'mouth' to feed


Hello! Anybody still with me here?

We're on the sourdough adventure days 4, 5 and 6 - making our starter - you can join us anytime!  Days 1, 2 and 3 are here.

I'm having fun on this little adventure, every day it changes a little bit and I can see (and smell - not offensive, just yeasty!) progress! 

I'm told that I need to give my starter a name.  Why?  So I remember that it is alive and needs to be fed.  So friends, I need a name if you can suggest one or a few?

Here it is on day 4 - after I have removed albeit 1 tablespoon of the starter (just chuck it in the bin or compost)
Then 'feed' it again with 70g rye flour and 30g plain flour.
Add 100ml water and stir. 

Here we are on day 5 - look at the bubbles!
Feed again on day 5 and 6 (you don't need to take any out) the same 70g rye, 30g plain flour, 100ml water.

See you in couple of days when I'll have a name!

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Di on March 31, 2010 at 2:51 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I feel that your dough needs to be Bertrice. Major emphasis on the BER.

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella on April 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Of course it needs a name! And Bob is my suggestion-more because it looks like it's called Bob. Seriously :)

Heather on July 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

How did you go with your sourdough adventure Liss? I'm going to do a starter today.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015