Friday, March 19

Cocktail Hour: Chilli Lime Nuts



Ever since I first made Union Square Nuts thanks to Nigella Lawson via her Aussie Almost-Alter Ego Lorraine I just can't do 'regular nuts' anymore.

So tonight my friends, to celebrate the end of  the office working week, and the commencement of the weekend I urge you all to grab a glass of your favourite poison (now I'm off the antibiotics I will surely be joining you!) and quickly knock up some of these.  You'll be licking those lips as these leave a bit a 'zing' which I love.  Not too much mind you - juuuuuuuuuuuuuuussst right.

Ingredients:
2 cups Nuts of your choice  (peanut, pecan, macadamia and walnuts were my choice but any or a combination of these or maybe some cashews would be fabulous too)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tb salt flakes or finely ground sea salt
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp lime zest (1/2 a limes' worth)
1 tsp tabsco sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c

Shell nuts if necessary and then lay on baking tray



Roast in oven for 8 minutes, then shake the pan and roast for a further 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and place in a bowl, pour over remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Eat hot or cool!

 So WHAT is your poison?  Champagne, cab-sav, pernod or a beer.. or you may be like me a love a vodka cocktail !!?
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Kat on March 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh they sound delicious!

PinkPatentMaryJanes on March 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My poison is champagne - or a kir royale - or a cocktail... But I'm with you, baked, flavoured nuts are utterly delish and you can never go back. I also love a bit of butter, brown sugar, salt and fresh rosemary - whatever takes my fancy (or is in the cupboard...)

Now you've got me feeling all nutty!

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella on March 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hehe these are like nut crack aren't they! Just so seriosuly hard to put down :P Hope you, A and the girls have a great weekend! x

Mark @ Cafe Campana on March 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These nuts look really good. I love the taste of macadamias. They are so waxy and gorgeous.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015