Sunday, March 29

Exhausted but the fruits of labour will ensue


2 of the plots are done. Hoooooooooray. They are incredibly hard work though. I'm sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow!

OK so our progress in pics:

Our assistant gardeners - don't you just love the candid shots? I just love this picture!


2 garden beds, finally cleared and bricked (work in progress yesterday and this morning) - then with first crop planted - Cabbages (2 varieties/rows), Broccoli,(1 row) Cauliflower (2 varieties/rows)


A family affair planting peas (2 varieties, 3 climbing frames)


I love our children love gardening as much as we do.


All beds are planted, time for a waterdown
2nd bed has peas, 2 rows bean seeds, 2 rows carrot seeds, 1 row wombok


Snail pelletting after putting the chicken wire on, what a task that was! 3 rolls of 10m chicken wire that we basically had to sew together width wise and then attach to the stakes so no possums, cockatoos or any other wildlife cannot eat our veges!!

So SUPER proud.

I've also scattered 8x seedlings of Marigolds throughout. Can't wait 'til it starts growing, and I want the other 2 beds desperately but I'm not in a hurry to kill myself doing it right now. Might do it with the mother in law over Easter - she has an amazing garden and I'm sure will have much to share...
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Katy on March 30, 2009 at 1:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh wow Liss, that is an awesome family effort!!! Can't wait to see how your crops go!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015