Friday, March 6

My indulgence..


I indulged a little today. I've had my eye on a handbag for a while, and I can't afford it ($1300 in these economic times just can't be justified!) So I took myself off to Paddy's Market today which is just around the corner from my work and put my good ol' bartering skills to the test.

I used to travel Asia frequently so have learned to haggle and 'play the game' of hesitation and negotiation. Got my new gorgeous and seemingly (but doubt it) lined leather bag down from $38 to $28. It's big enough to take my lunch to work without taking my handbag and another bag... just a one-bag-chick now! I bought it in red which I'm now thinking might have been a bit hasty. I love red but I don't wear red everyday.. might go and find another bigger bag in black next week...

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Nisha on March 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Very cute bag!! Definitley keep and use the red. Its nice to see a pop of colour in the cooler months when all you normally see is a sea of black!

And im sure you have some other red accessories to compliment it!

Meagan on March 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That is striking! Love it :) We went to Paddy's the other week. Had Vietnamese for lunch close by - was yummy - kinda diagonally opposite, but can't recall the name, sorry!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015