Sunday, March 1

Celebrating the differences...


My girls couldn't get more different if we tried really, and the most polarity is evident in my twins, Olivia my pretty girl and Laura, my little tomboy (pictured right today!)

Laura I'm sure will be the one drinking a beer and pantsing the boys at the pool table (like Mummy did in her day) and Olivia will be in the corner watching on with a mini-champagne bottle with a straw.

Laura loves to garden
Olivia likes to tidy up
Laura is a carnivore
Olivia would happily live on broccoli.
Laura's favourite colour is green
Olivia's favourite colour is pink
Laura is outgoing and social with people she doesn't know
Olivia needs to warm to a crowd first

I celebrate these differences, I'm grateful for them. Mind you I always knew they were going to be different from the start. Laura was very active in the womb and frequently would annoy her sister by kicking her (and me) incessently until a fed-up Olivia would retaliate in tantrum fashion. The same dynamic exists today.

Eloise is a bit of both, though EXTREMELY confident and outgoing, but with that goes a tad manipulative and too clever for her own good! She is changing all the time. Her favourite colour has gone from red, to pink and now it's recently changed to blue. She would think nothing of walking into a room full of strangers and start a conversation with someone. She is also extremely caring and if there is a baby in the room she will make a point in checking they're OK... she's taken an almost second-mother role with her sisters at time, but mostly just to boss them around...! I won't need to worry about her going to school next year, in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only one crying and I'll be getting a dose of my own medicine... when I started school I asked my Mum to pick me up at the gate rather than in the playground because 'I wasn't a baby'. meh...

What is the same in all my girls and I'm very grateful for is that they are very outwardly affectionate. They surprise us and each other with random hugs and 'I love you's on a regular basis and despite the regular sibling rivalry stuff and whining that's only natural from 3 and 4 year old girls they genuinely care for each other. I hope it lasts into their adulthood and beyond.

Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella on March 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hehe look at that gorgeous face! She's a tomboy? Really? :o


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015