Sunday, March 8

Taking a trip down pictorial memory lane


I've just spent some well wasted time going through some old stuff I posted on a forum I used to frequent:

January 21, 2006 (Laura and Olivia are 1 month old)
can't quite believe I just wrote that, but yes, Olivia and Laura are 1 month old! It's kind of a blur to be honest.. not much sleep and days are only different when Adam is home..!

Laura has finally surpassed her birthweight - and was 2.99kg last Tuesday (2.90 at birth) and Olivia has well and truly overtaken her sister at 3.1kg (2.63 at birth) Friday week ago... they are still feeding 3-4 hours sometimes stretching out to 5 but that's rare...

Since Thursday both have been going through their 6 week growth spurt (a little early!) with always wanting to be held and settled to sleep and always hungry and letting out those lusty cries!

Challenging time when I'm home alone with Eloise but I seem to be getting through them, and repeating to myself 'this part is only temporary' (mantra! )

Both are becoming a lot more alert and Laura is a real nicky-nose - she was awake for 3 hours in a row today Both are strong but Olivia takes the cake, it won't be long before she rolls and already is dying for tummy time. When she lays down on your chest and you're laying down she can support her head up and looks around with great control... very scary stuff!

Both love their food, but of course very differently.. Olivia is the formula fed bubba and guzzles like it's her last beer! As a result, she's a very windy baby but she's slowly improving bringing up her wind (we have had seriously 1 hour winding sessions even with upright feeding and brauers colic relief!) Laura on the other hand savours all her breastfeeds and EBM and sits up and immediately belches - she would put a truckie to shame

They are so incredibly different and so lovely in their own ways - they have swapped the personalities they had in the womb totally - Laura is now the placid one and Olivia is feisty... will be interesting to see if they swap again, or become more similar...Laura has an ultrasound at 6weeks to check for hip displasia - given she was breech (just formality) and I'm going to try and get Laura into see a paed about this feeding issue with formula (as much as I enjoy bf long term it is easier to formula feed with my workload).

March 9, 2006 (3 years ago)
Point form:
*2.5 months old
*Loving tummy time
*Smiling and giggling (Mummy is soooo funny you know!)cooing and gaahing (sooo cute)
*approx 4.8 and 3.8kgs (getting weighed on Monday) (Olivia being the biggest)
*Sometimes sleeping through the night but seldom on the same night and usually only if Laura sleeps with me*Still BF Laura - trialling formula in a couple of weeks
*No time for myself... and I have alternating and sometimes days at a stretch when both need to be held all the time (I call these my BAD days) I can't tell you how many times I've been to the loo with a baby in my arms or in the Baby Bjorn.. I've mastered taking down my drawers with 1 hand!

Good lord. EEEk.

I also came accross these pics from about 3 months later...

July 2006 - Laura and Olivia enjoying rusks - 'Yay, we love rusks'


Olivia swipes Laura's rusk:


Laura notices:



Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Chantilly Bowtique on March 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Such little cuties! I remember when they were THIS big! Oh and Liss, thanks so much for referring me to your Gymbo friends. I'll do my best to help them. I often have access to the latest lines through other online friends I have. I think I may actually be a member of a gymbo forum myself actually.
Chantelle

Katy on March 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's seriously just like it was yesterday!!!

Emily on March 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh wow, the babies in the seats look like my girls at this very point in time!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015