Tuesday, March 17

My little green project


Well given today is St Patricks day it's a fit and proper time to make the commitment now to start up my rotating crop vege garden. Not too sure where in our humoungous garden and I'm not too sure how big I'm going to go at this stage, but I've been visiting gardenate today and have come up with my first lot of stuff I'm going to sow...

Tomorrow I'll take the kids around the corner (literally!! no more than 300 m away) to Bonds Nursery and pick up seeds and seedlings, they'll love the adventure and it's supposed to be another sunny day (woot!! Thank goodness we have a reprieve from the rain).

So here's what's on the list:

Either purchase seedlings or seeds to germinate:
  • Cauliflower
  • Leek
  • Cabbage
Buy seeds or seedlings to sow straight away:
  • Beetroot
  • Carrots

May the luck of the irish be with me!


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Krysbrem on March 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OMG Liss that site is amazing! Thanks. We just did four wine barrels with seedlings so let's hope I get something.
We have beetroot, baby carrots, chilli, capsicum & something else... Oh and lettuce but we are warmer here and that is what the lady said I would be able to get away with at the moment LOL

ginchyworld on March 20, 2009 at 8:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I wish you luck. Now you need to wish me luck, since I am a complete brown thumb, maybe even a black thumb, and there's a veggie patch in the new house that I am intending to get into!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015