Friday, March 6

Sam-I-Am


Last night I had the absolute pleasure of reading one of my favourite books as a child to my eldest child for the first time. I felt that she was now old enough to really grasp the humour and sillyness whilst following the story, and in reality I was so glad I waited because it would not have been as special as it was.

Of course I’m talking about ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ which had her regaling ‘I will not eat them in a house, I will not eat them with a mouse’… right along with me towards the end. Her little eyes were open wide with excitement and my heart was skipping beats and eyes watery watching her experience such an exciting moment. It was truly one moment in parenting I never want to forget. Sam-I-Am
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Raelene on March 6, 2009 at 7:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We've been reading Dr Suess lately too and love it. So glad to hear she enjoyed it so much

Chantilly Bowtique on March 7, 2009 at 9:20 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is also a BIG favourite in our house. My husband usually reads it because he is so over the top and animated. I usually sit and watch the excitement on the kids faces. It's quite entertaining too listening to Pete stumbling over all of the words!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015