Thursday, June 7

Soft and fluffy lemon ricotta muffins


One of the best things about cooler weather is the citrus fruit.  I love my lemon butter and lemon delicious during winter - and am always on the lookout for a new lemon recipe.    I found a recipe ages ago for lemon & almond muffins and I made it once and I didn't really like the almonds in it.  It seemed to take the real lemon-y-ness a bit dull - the flavours were a bit competitive, also was a bit dry.  So I of course adapted my own version using some leftover ricotta I made for my slowcooker cannelloni.  Success!

These are just delightful, and I must admit lovely warm with a dollop of cream but will equally be loved in a lunchbox!  Put them in the freezer and zap them one at a time in the microwave (40 seconds!) to get a warm pick-me-up on a cold day.

Ingredients:
125g butter at room temperature
zest and juice from 2 lemons
1 cup icing sugar or icing mixture
1 cups ricotta cheese
2/3 cup milk
2 cups self raising flour


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced

Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy.


Add egg, lemon juice and ricotta.  Give it a good whipping.



Take off mixer and stir through the milk then gently fold in the flour 1/2 a cup of a time.



Spoon into muffin/cupcake papers and bake for 15-20 minutes



Serve!


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Christie on June 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh these look lovely, might go and pick some lemons right now. It's a baking kind of day here ;)

Unknown on August 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hello! These look so delicious and I have all the ingredients in store, I can't wait to make them. I have linked up to this post in my grateful/10 ways to use lemons post. It's live tomorrow morning(23 August) - I'm telling you now so I don't forget! :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015