Thursday, March 15

The 'Quik' Fairy-fabulous self saucing pudding - in less than 10 minutes!




A busy mum like me doesn't have time these days for recipes that take lots of time.  That doesn't mean I don't like to cook and I don't like to spend time in the kitchen, I do love experimenting and of course time in the kitchen with my frills is always fun.

Olivia asked me for 'pink pudding' on the weekend and to be honest I was a bit stumped but I remembered that I had some Nestle Quik powder - I think I bought it for a treat for afternoon playdates with friends last year and forgot about it... so seemed like the perfect candidate to substitute for sugar in a sauce saucing pudding.

Using the microwave is the quickest way to get your pudding done, if you don't have a microwave, just bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.

Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
125g melted butter
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup quik (you could use any flavour you like!)
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/4 cup quik, extra

Method:
Get your helper to add milk, melted butter into a bowl.

sift in your flour and quik

Now for those of you freaking about artificial colours/flavours, you may be surprised to know that nesquik has none!  I know I was!

Whisk it all up!

Good luck prying it away from your little chef!

Press into a greased microwave proof dish

Pour water over the top and sprinkle the last of the quik...

Microwave for 6 1/2 minutes on high, I sprinkled some edible glitter on top but use 100's and 1,000's if you like :)

Serve with custard or cream, great quik-fix on a cold day or just when you've got a hankering for something sweet!

Pretty damned yummy actually, not too sweetly-sickly at all!

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Bungle on March 17, 2012 at 7:41 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yummy recipe thanks :-) SO you could replace the quik with drinking choc?

Liss on March 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@BungleABSOLUTELY you could!!! Add a little extra sugar though if it's bitter tasting drinking chocolate though ;)

Jobie on April 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Do you think Milo would work as well?


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015