Monday, March 26

Lazy-as-sin slowcooker scalloped potatoes


Man I love my slowcooker.  This past couple of weeks I've been a bit obsessed with it.  I finally too my own advice and got the Breville flavour maker slowcooker (I've been telling everyone else to buy for near on two years).  What I love about it is how you can use the inner on the stove and transfer to the oven afterwards if you like too.  Brilliant.

This one I chucked together Friday afternoon in less than 10 minutes and served with my homemade swedish meatballs.   I even had leftovers for Sunday's dinner too!


Ingredients:
1kg new potatoes, sliced (I left skin on)
1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 tin cream of anything soup (I used celery but mushroom, chicken, asparagus anything would be good!)
1/4 cup lite sour cream
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup tasty cheese (optional)


Method:
Place potatoes, onion and garlic in your slow cooker.

Roughly mix your soup, sour cream and milk in a jug and pour over the top.

Put lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5. For the last 30 minutes sprinkle over the cheese...

Crisp up until the grill for 10 minutes if you like!

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Diminishing Lucy on March 28, 2012 at 7:25 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Our oven is broked. I have been using a new slow cooker arrangement instead - so thank you for remidning me of scallopped spuds - I shall add it to my things to try! xx

Unknown on January 21, 2014 at 8:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What ive had the same slow cooker for years and didnt realise or think to put it on the stove blllllaaaaaaa hahaha

Liss on January 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Scott Carmichael that slow cooker is such a bewtie, but to put it in the oven you need quite a wide oven which I don't.. shame!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015