Monday, December 28

Why hello!



Hope all your Christmases were fabulous.  I'm at present just winding down with my family of five, trying to find new and interesting ways to use some leftover leg ham (got a great recipe to share tomorrow, promise!) and catching up on some telly... and not even tempted by the year-end sales (got an overdose of retail in the lead-up to Christmas!)

Last couple of days I've been having some quiet reflection on the year and in particular my girls.  Given my two littlest frills have just turned four one week ago, I marvel just how much they have grown up this past year, and in particular this past few months.   I will post about this separately, as it really does need a bit of it's own space and attention.

In the Christmas preparations I also did some overdue wardrobe redistribution with many things being moved to labelled boxes for sale or passing down.   One thing I moved into a wardrobe however, was the school Uniform of my eldest little frill, Eloise.   Opening up her wardrobe now is almost like it has a stun-gun attached the the locking mechanism as I seem to stare at the uniforms hanging there, school bag and school hat at the bottom in utter disbelief.   I wonder if this will ever go away?  Possibly not?

So what are 2010-2019 going to be called?  The 'teenties'?

The naughties started with me as a single gal, in a demanding job with alot of travel, Jack Russell Terrier and a flatmate.  My hubby and I got together in 2001 after meeting in 1997, were engaged in 2002, married in 2003 and had our first frill in 2004.  2004 I lost my Puppy dog Leroy,and had a miscarriage and 2005 we welcomed our two twin little frills.  2006 we lost both my uncle and my grandmothers' partner in a span of 10 weeks.  2007 we moved here to the Hills and 2008 I returned to work for a while.  2009 I stayed at home mostly with the kids.

The 'teenties' also marks a new era for me and our family this year.  

My eldest frill going to school, me working out what to do professionally - some work at home stuff initially and then back into my *real* profession (IT consulting/project management) - my little frills are off to school in 2011..   I think we'll get on our feet financially this decade and hopefully do some travel.   I think my hubby and myself will take on a bit more professional study, him to move up and me to allow some more flexibility and diversity in my skills to work more locally or short term work to fit in more with family life.

What about you?  Plans for the teenties?  Big changes coming up in 2010?


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella on December 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I don't know what 2010 holds for me but I am really excited nevertheless! :D

Rina on December 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

HAH! Love the picture. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Not sure what 2010 holds for us but I'm looking forward to it. :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015