Monday, December 7

My not-so-secret talent



My girls get up with the birds... or should I say one of my little frills does more than the others - that would be Laura.  I think she likes hopping into bed with Mummy (Daddy has usually left for work) for cuddle and whilst those cuddles are lovely, the verbosity at times is not.  It's normal for a child her age (almost 4) to be chit-chatty but sometimes you would just love to have a silent cuddle and snuggle without discussing the latest in barbie dolls and what she'd like for dinner that night.

So last week, we were having such a morning and I thought it was best to get the day started.  I stumbled down the hallway to the bathroom, all-the-while my babbling little possum in tow, I sit on the loo start going about my business when I hear a shriek.  I am startled.

'Mummy!  You are SO clever'
*Yawning*  Why is that sweetheart?
'Mummy you can go to the toilet with your EYES CLOSED, you are very, very clever you know'.

Well there you go.  My hidden talent has taken 38 years to show itself.
Print this post in friendly format

9 lovely comments:

DaniV on December 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Laura sounds just like my son Noah. Up at the crack of dawn, check. Non-stop chatting, check. As for your hidden talent, well, I too have perfected that skill!

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hahaha that's so funny! I can do that too but I love that you blogged about it :)

PinkPatentMaryJanes on December 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hilarious!

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

ROFL!

Sharnanigans on December 11, 2009 at 11:40 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

it is amazing what can be done with eyes shuts after child !

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hahaha. Fantastic talent and what a compliment that your daughter recognises you as being clever (that doesn't last btw).

well done :)

Quixotic on December 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

lol - I love it! I'm pretty sure sometimes I've gone the whole day with my eyes closed!!!

Danni on December 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Im sure Ive done that since having children.

TheThingsIdTellYou on December 15, 2009 at 7:42 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love it! I can't wait til my hidden talent is going to the toilet without one of my sons!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015