Thursday, October 17

Light and fluffy banana maple muffins!



Don't you hate seeing this?


I do.  They are perfectly good bananas but no one wants to eat them.  I can eat them like this - smooshed up on cereal or in a smoothie or frozen and THEN in a smoothie.  I also make the infamous banana date slice with honey or equally revered banana choc brownies.. banana cake or cafe style banana bread.

But I'm out of dates and I want something with less butter and sugar... for lunchboxes.  So I made these up and tried a new way of putting it together.  Mixing the banana first, adding the wet ingredients and then lastly the dry ingredients.  The result is much lighter and fluffier muffin.  Always going to do them this way now!

This recipe makes 24 muffins, that's basically a week of morning tea goodness right there.  Fab!

Ingredients
3 large bananas (or 4 medium ones)
200ml vanilla yoghurt (or plain with 1 tsp vanilla extract)
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
100ml maple syrup
2 1/2 cups self raising flour

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c

Put your bananas in your mixing bowl and mix them with electric beater or in your mixer for 30 seconds or so, they should be a bit a on the smooth and fluffy side.

Add your yoghurt..

Then add eggs, maple syrup and oil..  Mix it until it is well combined.

Then add your brown sugar and flour.

Mix and voila!  Fluffy light muffin batter!

Can you see how fluffy it is?  Now I'm a late convert, but recommend that you get a medium sized metal icecream scoop.  So much less mess and also perfect amount in your muffin cases each time.  Kicking myself it took me so long to get onboard with this - they are only a few dollars on eBay.

Put the mixture into your muffin cases - let me also just rave to you about these Williams Sonoma cupcake/muffin tins.  I have two and they are just the right depth and size for perfect cupcakes and muffins.  A lot of the cupcake pans out there aren't deep enough for me.  $30 each I think it's a really worthy investment, they are nice and heavy and well made - nothing sticks to them at all.

And it doesn't hurt they are pretty.  Pop them in the oven for about 12 minutes

They smell lovely and sweet and they rise up beautifully.

Methinks Mummy will be taking a few of these to lunch too.

Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015