Monday, October 21

Add it to your meal plan: Fresh and crunchy loaded chicken salad



Whilst I was in Manila I got quite a good appreciation for the local food, but so much of it is fried or contains a lot of sugar, and a lot of it isn't served with vegetables or salad as I was used to.  When there were salads on the menu I would usually order - a caesar at least.  But this one I've attempted to copy from the Californian Pizza Kitchen salad I loved in Manila.  I'm flying back there today for a few days, it's a shame I won't have time to head down to the Fort for one of these.. but I made one over the weekend instead!

It's fresh and filling, all the kids ate it - tick tick TICK!

Salad ingredients:
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 small wombok, sliced into ribbons
2 stalks of coriander (or cilantro) chopped
1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
1 lebanese cucumber, diced
1/2 barbequed chicken, shredded
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup fried noodles

Dressing ingredients:
2 tb smooth peanut butter
2 tb white vinegar
2 tb soy sauce
1/2 tsp fish sauce
2 tb white sugar
juice of one lime
1/4 cup water


Method:
Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl with the exception of the fried noodles.  Then you'll need to mix it with your hands, 


Make your dressing by combining all ingredients

Just mix it up with  fork, it comes together quite easily.


Put the dressing over your salad and then of course, add your noodles!

This fed us five as a main with some to spare.  Bookmark it to have in this warm weather or take to your next barbeque - just add the dressing and the noodles just before serving.




Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015