Tuesday, October 22

Easy Peasy Panna Cotta



I'm one of those people who will always order panna cotta when it's on the menu - because you love it I can't possibly resist it, we are kindred souls.  I cannot seem to go past it.  And I confess, although I've made the more difficult adventure of making creme caramels, never panna cotta.  I thought it was going to be hard.  How wrong I was!!!

This is ridiculously easy and a perfect excuse to use some more of my newly decanted vanilla extract  - I'm on to my second litre after distributing most of the first litre to my Mum and sisters.. as you do!



Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups cream
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 sheets of gelatine or 1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine

Method:
In a saucepan add all ingredients with exception of the gelatine.

I love the concentration she has when measuring!

Put the saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat until it boils, then remove it from the stove.

Place your gelatine in the mixture..  Gaze at those beautiful specs of vanilla bean...

And have your assistant (or you) mix it until it dissolves - about 1 minute or so.  It smells gorgeous!

Pour your mixture into a jug over a sieve - to catch any unexpected lumps of gelatine..

Pour into ramekins or glasses, I love these vintage anodised tumblers!

Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours before serving.  When they are ready, you can sit them in a sink of warm water for 10 seconds or so, and gently run a knife around the edge of the inside of the cup to ease it out if necessary!


Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015