Friday, April 25

Jersey caramel brownies




It's always a thrill when something you dream up and try comes out three times as amazing as you hoped.  It's even more thrilling when it's simple to make!  This is one such recipe but I will warn you - it's rich and you won't make it once!  I think these are perfect to share with a crowd or even sell at your school fete.  Those who aren't much for birthday cakes (myself included there) might like a platter of these with candles in them!

I can never go wrong if it's caramel with my family - the saucy caramel cake is a fave of hubby's, and Eloise has requested my express caramel mud cake again this year for her birthday, my fave is now these.  I used packet jersey caramels here just like I did with these gorgeous cupcakes (Olivia's fave) and it adds a special gooey-chewiness that makes these so yummy.

You won't believe how easy these are!  Give them a try!

Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten
100g butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
300g jersey caramels, halved

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c
Grease and line a square baking tin

Melt your butter - I do mine in the microwave - 30 seconds on high from chilled

In a large bowl, beat your eggs with a spoon


Add butter, sugar and vanilla extract.  Give it a mix.

Sift your flour and baking powder over the top.

Then mix it through with your fork, you might be tempted to taste it now... I'm not watching...

Then add your choc chips and mix well.

Pour mixture into the tin and smooth into the sides.  Cut your Jersey caramels in half

Then press them into the top..

Bake for about 25-30 minutes - the top should seem cakey.

Let them cool completely before slicing and serving.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge.  You can re-warm them in the oven for about 10 minutes and serve with vanilla or butterscotch icecream... yum!

Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015