Wednesday, April 29

RECIPE: Large moist and light blueberry banana loaf



Everyone loves an easy cake, no more than me.  I'm not one for too many steps and fussing around.  I'd be a terrible patissier because I'd want to take shortcuts.  This one is just ingredients in two bowls, combine and bake.  Gotta love that.  The inclusion of sour cream makes it not only moist but really light, and I think I'll be using sour cream a bit more going forward with my cakes because even though I'm not a real cake person (I looove cheesecake) this is one I will admit, I had more than a few slices.....

The other good thing about this one is it makes 15 decent slices so if you were to make this for school lunches - you will get the 'return on investment' in your time... I'm going to make this again next time I cater morning tea at work or church.

Ingredients:
3 cups plain flour
2 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
3/4 cup frozen or fresh bluberries
1 tsp cinnamon powder
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
250g butter, melted and cooled

Topping (optional)
Extra bluberries
1 banana, sliced

Method:



Preheat oven to 170 degrees c
In a mixing bowl,  combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and frozen blueberries and mix to combine.


Mix your sour cream bananas, eggs, and butter in another bowl

Combine together either with a spoon, or in a mixer.  It's a stiff dough so might be better with a mixer if you have one.  Don't worry if your bluberries pop :)

Place into a square or round tin or 2 greased loaf pans.
Place some blueberries and sliced banana on top.

Bake for 1 hour, check if it's cooked by using the skewer method.
Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack for another 30 minutes minimum before serving.

Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze in portions or whole for later.

Yum!


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

MR on June 5, 2015 at 10:32 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

No sugar in this at all? I've just put it in the oven, so will be interested to see how it goes.

Agence immobilière maroc on July 4, 2015 at 4:57 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Its look amazing thank you !


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015