Thursday, December 12

(I'm dreaming of a) White Christmas



Have I got you all singing that good ol' Bing Crosby number?  We've been humming and whilsting it a bit around this house last few days as we're headed to New York for Christmas this year - one stop in our worldwide 5 week adventure.  There's been snow there for the last few days and we're hoping it sticks around for a bit as New York will be wonderful enough at Christmas time but with snow is like a cherry on top I think!  We're headed off today stopping off in LA for a few days on the way.

So speaking of cherries, and white Christmas - I just wanted to share one more Christmas morsel with you - I think white Christmas is something you either love or hate, unless you're someone like me where I'm pretty much in the middle.  I have to be in the mood for it, but it's such a lovely taste of nostalgia I have one piece and I remember how much I loved it as a kid - it was our Christmas treat and was given out a lot at Christmas time by friends at school and neighbours - yes we're talking the 70's there my friends!

My Eloise said this is her favourite of all the treats I've made for family and friends this year so clearly it can still win new fans too.  It looks so festive too!

Ingredients: (makes about 30 pieces)
1/2 cup glace cherries, chopped
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup sultanas
1 cup rice bubbles
500g white choc melts

Method
Place all ingredients except chocolate in a bowl and mix well.

Line a square baking tin with canola spray and baking paper.

Melt your chocolate, I do mine in the microwave by heating on 50% power for intervals of 1 minute stirring in between each minute until melted.  This amount should take 2 mins 30 seconds.

Pour over your dry ingredients and mix quickly.

Pour into tray and leave to cool either on the bench or if it is a hot/humid day - in the fridge.

When it hardens - about 20-30 minutes, lift out and slice.

Looks festive right?

Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks in the fridge - won't last that long though!

Keep up to date with where we are on our trip by following me on instagram!
Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015