Sunday, December 8

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites



You might have seen my facebook update this week that I had to re-make most of my Christmas treats because my Hubby got a little excited whilst I was away in Melbourne for a few days and gobbled the vast majority of what I had left, that were for Teacher presents.  Hmmm. 'They were so delicious!' he pleaded.  I suppose that I should take that as a compliment.. right?

So I thought I'd try to put something that he would really love - and I made a double batch 'just in case'. A good decoy I think.... Note, these are very rich - and you really only need one.  If you like Reeses pieces or peanut butter M&Ms then you might need a double batch also.  The recipe I've adapted this from, this is their regular batch but really you only need to make half, trust me on that one, double the below ingredients if you want lots.

These do need to be refrigerated so if you are making them for gifts do store them in the fridge before gifting and let your lucky recipient know.

Ingredients:
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
90g butter, softened
1 cup icing mixture, sifted
2 cups pretzels
3/4 cup choc chips
1 1/2 cups choc melts

Method:
In a mixing bowl put 2/3 cup of peanut butter with your 90g butter.  Mix until well combined.

Then add 1/2 cup icing mixture, mix well - then add rest of icing mixture.

Try not to eat this, pretty hard.

Mix in 1 cup of your pretzels and all your choc chips.  Do this with a spoon because you want t keep the pretzels kind of in pieces, not completely crushed.

 Line a tray and lightly spray it with canola oil (remember mine is doubled so use a square cake tin or small jelly roll tin...) and spread the mixture along the bottom evenly.

Then melt your chocolate - I do mine in the microwave - 50% power in one minute bursts, stirring in between - shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.  When done, stir through 1/3 cup peanut butter.

Now spread that over the peanut butter mixture and then press your remaining cup of pretzels on top.  Put in the fridge for at least an hour or two before slicing up.

Store in fridge after cut.

I've put some of our batch in the freezer cut up to have at a later date with vanilla icecream... yum!
Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015