Sunday, May 13

Easiest Raspberry baked custard pudding EVER.




Bless that Martha Stewart.  Honestly, bless her cotton socks.   I just adore this recipe and I'm going to use it a lot.  A LOT I tell you.  It's super easy and so delicious I can hardly stand it.  It's also totally adaptable.  I'm going to make it with tinned peaches... and another time maybe pears and ginger.. and then another with.. gosh I could go on and on.. and on.

We had this today for Mothers Day with my Nan.  I originally had plans for Victoria Sponge but that went awry when I realised that I had run out of time.. this turned out so much easier and much more fitting as I wasn't captive in the kitchen and got to spend as much time with my Nan and my girls as possible.


Source: www.marthastewart.com


Ingredients:
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tb vanilla extract
65g butter
2 punnets fresh raspberries (you could use 2 cups frozen)




Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c

Put the butter in the bottom of your baking dish (I used a small round cake tin) and into your oven for 2-3 minutes until it's melted.

Whilst it's melting, get busy with your blender.  To milk, eggs and vanilla extract, add sugar..

Your flour...

When your butter is melted, pour it into your blender and then brush the rest around the pan to ensure it's totally covered and greased..

Whizz for 30 seconds...

Pour into your tray..

Plop in your raspberries (or other fruit you're using)..

Look at that! YUM!

Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked in the centre.

Serve with double cream or icecream!

And here's a little bit of my Mother's day... homemade pressies!  I got two of these - so I can always publish what dinner AND dessert is (benefits of having twins!)



Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

ZestyMel on May 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

That looks amazing and I just happen to have a bag of raspberries in my freezer. Thanks for sharing Liss.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015