Tuesday, April 17

Caviar Pie - simple and moorish



In my time in Manila I have met some wonderful folk and I have eaten some wonderful things, and most of the time these two things intersect.   This is one such dish that I tried at a Thanksgiving dinner last November and the minute I tasted it I knew I HAD to have the recipe.

So I politely demanded (!!) the recipe from Tanya whose Mum had made it.  When that recipe arrived in my inbox, I was soo happy.  And then when I saw how simple it was I couldn't understand why I didn't work it out! So simple, so delicious!

I made it last weekend when we were having a social weekend, I made a double batch because we had two social gatherings - but even if you don't I'm warning you - it's addictive you may want to do it anyway!

Even if you are not a fan of caviar I urge you to try it.   Olivia who doesn't even like fish kept coming back for more and more and more... and more.

Soooo good.  Serve it at your next get together or take it to one.  Go on.. you know you want to.



Ingredients
1 tub philadelphia cream cheese
1 tub sour cream
3 spring onions, finely chopped
10 or so garlic chives, finely chopped
lemon juice
lumpfish caviar



Method:
In large ramekins of even teacups, small bowl, whatever you want - line it in cling film, roughly chop up your spring onions, discard ends.

Chop up your garlic chives - good rule of thumb with these if the ends resemble blades of grass, you don't want to eat that bit..

In your food processor, whizz up your spring onion and chives - if you don't have one, chop them up as small as you can.

Add the sour cream and cream cheese.. give it another whizz (again if you don't have a food processor stir very well until well combined - hope your arms are strong!)

Give it a whizz (I did mine for about 20 seconds)

Spoon into your bowls/ramekins and flatten out..  fold over leftover cling wrap to seal on top.

 Refrigerate until you want to use (up to 2 days ahead.

To serve, unwrap the top, turn out onto a plate and top with caviar.. squeeze over some lemon juice.

It doesn't look exciting, but wait til you taste it!

I made a large one in a souffle pan and topped with red caviar! YUM.


How easy can it get!  It certainly is a conversation piece!
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

MummyateMe on April 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum - thanks so much for the recipe. I absolutely love caviar and it is really nice to see something a bit different for parties!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015