Monday, March 23

Nostalgia in the kitchen


At the bottom of my blog I have recipes pop up from aussiecooking.com.au and one that just popped up now is Lemon Delicious. I haven't had that since I was a kid - I'm pretty sure it was a 70's fad like Steak Diane and Bombe Alaska (which incidentally I had for many-a-birthday-cake as I'm not a real cake fan)..


Recipe for Lemon Delicious Pudding:
Ingredients
60 g butter
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 eggs, separated
1 cup milk

Method:
Beat softened butter and sugar until it is well mixed and then stir in sifted flour, lemon rind and juice. Combine the 2 egg yolks with the milk, then gradually add to the mixture, beating well as you go. Beat the egg whites until there are soft peaks, and fold into the mixture. Pour into a greased 4 cup oven-proof dish.

Bake in moderate oven for 35 minutes.
Might give it a go if I'm feeling more *rested* tomorrow.

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Steph Bond-Hutkin on March 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Liss,

Thank you so much for posting this Lemon Delicious recipe. I've been looking for one! Thought I'd also let you know about a competition I'm having on my site that might be fun for your little ones - giving away a stroller pad and blanket set. http://blog.stephbond.com/2009/03/giveaway-mymonkeymoo-stroller-pad.html
Best wishes,
Steph
Bondville

Alycia on June 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Interesting. I thought lemon delicious was something EVERYONE had and did make... I make it fairly regularly I guess you'd say. I discovered a few weeks ago though that it's not! Now you've confirmed it!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015