Sunday, May 3

Cheat’s no-fail waffle and pancake mix



Waffles are a bit of a treat around here - and whilst I'm happy if if I've got time to make them from scratch, I've got lazy and made this mix recipe a while back and I now keep it in a separate container and the kids can then make their own (they make too much mess the long way) and they can also use it for pancake short-cut.

Waffles are perfect every.single.time.


Ingredients for the make-ahead mix:
6 cups plain flour (1 actually do 3 cups wholemeal and 3 cups plain but up to you)
1 cup icing sugar
2 cups cornflour
6tb baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 vanilla pod

Store in an airtight container

To make up waffle mix (makes about 6 waffles)
2 1/3 cup mix
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/4 oil

If you want to make up pancakes (the frills do this not me)
2 cups mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg



Instructions:

Mix the ingredients together with a whisk, gently first then when it's mixed through then give it a good beat.


































]







The consistency should be like thick batter but it should still drip.  If it doesn't drip easily add some water and keep beating through.








Heat your waffle iron, if you don't have one, they are very inexpensive.  I bought this one years ago for I think about $25.   Kmart have them these days I believe..
Pour your batter into the centre of your iron, I do mine with a cup measure, it should start spreading but you can give it a little coax with the back of your measuring cup.


spread butter or spread but whatever you like on top - whilst I like real maple, these queen ones are popular at our house - much less sugar,  and come in regular, apple cinnamon maple and blueberry maple..









Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015