Saturday, November 28

Gingerbread House anyone?


I've made a few gingerbread houses in my time, ok, well 2 before, but this weekend I've helped organise and host a community gingerbread house making evening and day.  Last night (Friday) was mainly adults.  A group of ladies who I called the 'hard-core table'.  They came in, started unpacking.  Aprons, lollies, knives, cutting boards, marshmallow santas, and got down to business.  I was sitting with the quasi-novice table and I'm pleased to say, last night there were no avalanches or gingerbread house-wreckers.

Here's some of Friday nights' pics and houses - tell me - which one do you think is mine?


Almost set up and ready to go!




The novice group..


The hard-core ladies!


And here are some of Friday nights' houses:













And this is (todays) Saturdays' crowd - smaller and more of a family feel with Mums (and a Dad!) enjoying family time in a creative way!









Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 29, 2009 at 7:25 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh they look so good!

I don't like Ginger things, but if it was chocolate... well that's another story!

So tell me, which is yours? I have no idea! xx

Cathie on November 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

that looks like a fabulous way to spend the day!
tell me more Liss, maybe I can try organising one here in melbourne.

p.s dis you receive your pack?

Liss on November 29, 2009 at 6:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yes, I did Cathie thank you! Standby for seeing them in action :)

It is so fun! I bought the gingerbread house bits, the board and the icing in pre-made bags ready to snip the end off and ice (cheating huh!!? :P ) from a wholesale bakery here in Sydney. We bought the sweets/candy, cellophane and curling ribbon and had icing sugar/sieve (for snow) on hand as well as containers, scissors and plastic tablecloths).

Ikea sell different kits but with no icing so if you were going to organise a smaller group (not the 40+ people we did!) maybe you could get some of those and make your own royal icing?

Leila on November 30, 2009 at 4:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

They look awesome! I'm attempting to make my first ginger bread houses this year. Any tips? :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015